Walking down Hampton street this morning made my senses come alive.
The moment I stepped outside and walked down the busy shopping strip I made a mental note of all the different smells I came upon...
- the sea
- the smell of leather shoes from the shoe shop on the corner ( mmmmmmmm my favourite smell )
- fresh coffee
- toasted sandwiches and croissants
- bread form the bakery
- fresh flowers from the fruit and veg shop
- the slightly damp smell of rain
- salty wet dogs form the beach ( so tempted to pat everyones dogs! )
- the smell of meat from the butcher
- the smell of fresh seafood (YUM)
I could go on and on.
I like saturday mornings on Hampton street.