- Amitabh Bachchan as Sarjerao Gaikwad, a gangster-turned politician
- Sanjay Dutt as Inspector Mahadev Bhosle, the DSP of an encounter squad
- Rana Daggubati as Inspector Shivnarayan, an encounter specialist
- Lakshmi Manchu as Padmini Bhosle (Mahadev's Wife)
- Anjana Sukhani as Bharati (Shivnarayan's Wife)
- Vijay Raaz as Sawatya, Mumbai Don
- Abhimanyu Singh as D.K., Right-hand man of Sawatya
- Madhu Shalini as Naseer, D. K.'s gun moll
- Nathalia Kaur in a Item number in song "Dan Dan".
When cops man Mahadev Bhosale (Sanjay Dutt) is requested by his managers to type a hit group to take on the Mumbai underworld, he utilizes Shiv Narayan (Rana Daggubati), an sincere and courageous cops man who had been revoked for an experience eliminating.
Together, Mahadev, Shiv and others in the ‘Department’ take on Sawatya’s (Vijay Raaz) group. Sawatya, despite many exhortations by his variety two, D.K. (Abhimanyu Shekhar Singh), and D.K.’s energetic sweetheart, Naseer (Madhu Shalini), does not hit returning at the cops.
There is another competing group, cause by one Mohammad Gauri.
There is also the gangster-turned-minister, Sarjerao Gaikwad (Amitabh Bachchan), who requires Shiv under his side after Shiv helps you to save his lifestyle at a community move. Mahadev alerts Shiv that Sarjerao is just using him. After a certain convert of activities, it is revealed that Mahadev is actually operating for Mohammad Gauri and is, at the ganglord’s behest, completing off Sawatya’s group.
While Shiv decreases to be a aspect of Mahadev’s damaged community, and Mahadev confirms to let him be, elements begin dropping apart between the tutor and the newbie when Shiv begins dealing with a sub-gang established by D.K., under Mahadev’s security.
What happens next? Do Mahadev and Shiv come to loggerheads? What about the Sawatya and Mohammad Gauri gangs? What aspect does Sarjerao perform in concluding of all this? The relax of the dilemma solutions these concerns.